Saturday, August 1, 2009

DC-->JFK-->Ukraine

Off to JFK to continue my journey to Tel Aviv. So, that’s a taxi, a bus, a shuttle and finally a plane. Couldn’t get a ticket on one of the luxurious Bolt buses (wifi, outlets, leg-room), so I had to settle for a Greyhound (dripping air-conditioning, seemingly intoxicated driver, and essentially the worst experience ever). Oh well. I somehow made it to JFK with a generous 20 minutes till my plane began boarding. Thank goodness my airline Aerosvit, a Ukrainian air service, is the most obscure carrier and had barely a line. Not being able to understand the flight attendants, who spoke solely Ukrainian, was one of the only downfalls.

Now, I’m headed to Kiev, Ukraine. I’ll arrive at 11:50 am Ukraine time; basically 10 hours ahead of LA. Wait for a a few hours, and board El Al to Tel Aviv!