Saturday, August 29, 2009

<3 Music; <3 DJ AM

For the past three years, I have been lucky enough to live in the best city in the world. In Los Angeles I found my best of friends and had the best of memories. I have been exposed to art, music and information that would have never been available to me elsewhere, and for this I am forever thankful. Of the most important elements of my daily life was music. Falling in love with electro music as a dancing 18 year-old at the crappiest club on Hollywood Blvd. was a life changing event. From then on I went to every club possible, spent hours each day on music blogs, and even got a radio show on UCLAradio.com.

Going out nearly every night and seeing countless talented DJs who made me smile bigger and dance harder: life couldn't be more perfect.

With all of the unbelievably happy times had dancing to the beats of prophetic DJs, yesterday was by far one of the most tragic days, with the death of DJ AM. I've seen DJ AM spin countless times in Los Angeles clubs and at huge music events: Banana Split, Coachella, EDC and Spin the Bottle. I knew that no matter what lame performer Dim Mak scheduled for Banana Split Sundays, AM would be there to start everyone dancing or to shut down the club at 2:30 am with everyone demanding more. He was an amazing artist who could make anyone dance, and I am so fortunate that I had the opportunity to witness his talent. My condolences go out to his family, friends, Los Angeles and the world who will truly miss this unique DJ.

Thank you AM, for making me dance.

Please, listen to his mash-ups; I can guarantee you'll like, even love it:
http://www.myspace.com/djamone