Monday, February 15, 2010

Not in Israel

For the nauseatingly long seven week break, I decided to go to Spain and Morocco. Spain, because I wanted to visit a few friends, and Morocco because I had never been and my travel companion, Margaux, wanted to go.

Overall, Madrid was great but Morocco...Well, let's just say that the food was good.

Plaza Meyor in Madrid. This was just a few minutes away from my friend Ariel's apartment. In my opinion, the most beautiful part of Madrid.

Nothing in Spain is Kosher. NOTHING.

The Ku Klux Klan have infiltrated Segovia

Pantone apartments in Cuzco

My favorite thing about a culture is their desserts. Spain offers churros and a cup of melted chocolate. Freaking delicious.

Reina Sofia that I visited a few times. And by a few, I mean six


After Madrid we went to Marrakech and Fez


We soon realized that there wasn't much to do in the day and at night even less, considering our status as young, American girls. So, we got a job serving at the local food stall. I'm not kidding. Here's our work

We were paid in olives

Me and Margaux doing our favorite activity in Morocco: eating

We ordered everything in the restaurant. It cost 3 euros

One of the 45 mosques I visited in Fez

Let's just say we weren't so sad to leave Morocco

And we were even happier to return to Israel