Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Suzy goes to Washington!


I depart from LAX on the first part of my week-long journey to Tel Aviv. Before arriving in Jerusalem, I visited one of my most dearest friends, MacKenzie. We interned at TOMS Shoes together last summer and quickly realized that we were soul-mates: with our above-average intelligence and love for margaritas, I always say that MacKenzie is me, had I been born in Texas.

Tuesday morning was bitter-sweet. While excited for the next year, I’m going to miss so many people in LA and the city itself. Thankfully, being essentially unemployed for the past six weeks allowed me to spend time with everyone. The life-changing event that was EDC, beach trips, and the numerous Control Fridays and Banana Split Sundays with all of the people that I love have undoubtedly made these past few weeks the best time of my life.

But alas, it’s time to find fun outside of the 310 area code. Peace LA

With over 100 lbs of luggage, I arrived at Dulles on Tuesday evening and made what turned out to be a treacherous journey to Arlington, VA where I would meet MacKenzie. Sobbing at the bottom of the ¼ mile escalator that stood in front of me at the red line station was not my greatest moment in life. But somehow, without the help of anyone else (because no one offered!), I finally made it to my destination. That night ended appropriately: at 9:00 pm Eastern time (6:00 pm West Coast time!) after a 32 oz. Raspberry margarita. Did I mention I hadn’t slept in two days. Well, that may have been the reason for my early bedtime.